Tuesday, April 10, 2007

You Drink Filtered Water So You Don't Have To Drink Chlorine - Why Would You Want To Swim In It?

Q : by Maria from Oakland, California
I'm researching information of what to use for my spa or hot tub. I have been looking for information on your website but have not found anything on this topic. I am looking for an alternative to using chlorine or Bromine in our new spa. We had been using spamagic but I'm a little skeptical about continued use. Please advise. I'm allergic to chlorine.


A : by Dr. Mercola (Published April 08, 2007 )
Your concern about chlorine is appropriate. There is strong evidence that you should avoid drinking chlorine and also bathing in it. This would include showering with municipal water that is chlorinated. This is particularly problematic in the shower because the temperature of the water is higher which increases the blood flow in your skin and increases your ability to absorb chlorine from the water. . . .

Read the rest of Dr. Mercola's answer HERE.

No comments: